Busy time flying

It has been a while since I lasted blogged. I am now back in Aotearoa – New Zealand. The flight home was great, although it took 36 hours from the time the Sherut picked me up in Jerusalem until I got home. The highlight was getting an upgrade to business class from Hong Kong home. Not only did I get the nice comfy seats, better level of service (2 air hostesses to 9 passengers), and the slightly yummier food, but also (and almost more importantly) access to the airline lounges in Hong Kong (where I whiled away 4 hours after wondering around the airport for 2 hours and made sure of good enough coffee at Starbucks) and then a further 3 hours in Auckland (including a shower. Man I needed that) It also meant I was first off the plane in Auckland, first through immigration, my bags were off first, and so first through customs and the x-ray machine. Wicked!
One notable moment was forgetting my backpack at Hong Kong security, and then having to find my way back down to security when I worked it out, and explaining how I could just forget a bag. Duh!

Since being home, I have had a weekend meeting in Christchurch to organise the National Anglican Youth Forum (Tikanga pakeha) in July, and a day meeting in Auckland for the Centre for Youth Ministry Studies. Tomorrow I am off to Wellington for the weekend for a meeting of people involved in youth and children’s ministry, and to be commissioned as the national guardian of OSS. (For more info see www.oss.net.nz).
Shalom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way