Birthday

Today (24th) is my birthday. I am 48 today. That feels old.

And here I am in Brazil, away from my family. But I have been well looked after with a birthday cake at lunch and being sung happy birthday in Portugese and English.

I just don't feel 48!!! It feels too close to 50, which feels too close to retirement! I wish!
tonight out to a Spanish feast of food and Flamingo dancing. Last night Arabic feast. They have this style fo restaurant where theye just keep bringing the food around and you eat till you drop. I felt so much pressure last night to make a wee dent in the food they brought out. In the end it was only a wee dent!

Onwards into another year, and carnival

This photo was when they sand happy brithday to me for the third time when either at lunch or dinner. I feel well looked after

Comments

Paul Fromont said…
John, a very very Happy Birthday. I bet you can't say you've had a birthday in Brazil before...Every blessing.

Paul

http://prodigal.typepad.com

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way