Flying home from London through LAX

I do believe that the hand of God was upon me this week.

I was due to fly home on Wednesday 10th August from London Heathrow via LAX. This was just a few hours before the security alert hit that route hard. Our plane was delayed for 3 hours due to a broken part in the air conditioning... and it took another hour to get away. But we got away with no hassle at all. In LAX we watched TV programmes about the new alert and how you were not allowed to take hand luggage on board. But again that did not affect us.

Even before we left however, I had a great stroke of luck. As I sat in economy (cattle) class thinking that there was not that much room really, but you survive, when the head steward came to my seat, asked who I was, and then invited me to go to premiere business class as they had a spare seat and as I was a Koru club member they would like to offer it to me. I was up there like a shot. And it was as good as the ads say. You get you own little area with seat and footstool. The seat can be reclined at any angle you like for take off and landing. The seat folds down into a (hard) bed, but as it was quite warm I put my duvet (yes you get a duvet) under me and slept well. Plus all the service and extra goodies. It was the most comfortable 10hours flying I have ever had, and will ever have. If I had the money I would fly like that. And lots of people do.

Luckily for me I had two complimentary upgrades which I used to ask for upgrades to premiere economy for the last leg of flights to and from England. That is upstairs, bigger seats. More leg room, recline further etc..., and only about 25 in the section, not 100's, so it is much more comfy. I would recommend that too.

While I am recommending. Among the 12 or so movies I watched were lucky number sleven, a great Bruce Willis movie with lots of deaths and excellent twists.

I am home and it is good to be here. Now I need to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

They Were Not There at the Beginning

Youth Camp