The week that was

This has been an interesting week. Most of it has been on retreat with Justin Duckworth, the new Bishop of Wellington (well he will be in July) who helped us think about where the church is today by using the story of the Exodus. We were asked to think about the world as it was (Egypt) and how much of that we still carry with us, what it is like being in the wilderness, what the signs of the promised land might look like, and what resources we have in this journey, as a church and as individuals. I might even blog about this sometime.
I did the same thing with another group a year ago. I was feeling very despondent then and realised how much that retreat turned me around and allowed me to become anchored in God's hope. Nothing has changed, but I approach it all with hope. I don't have any more answers, but I have hope.

Today we had an awesome pre-school music session, and then a good visit with a parishioner. This afternoon I have been working on the Service and Sermon for Pentecost Sunday. It is going to be good fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way