Other thoughts and such

What one has to be ready for is the unexpected. While I have been given a programme it has not always been clear what each section meant, like the Quiet Time on Malaita. And then there are the things that just happen. So on the last night after we have finished with the community obedience, Sam was giving the notices. In these I discover that there will be a Eucharist the next morning at which I will be presiding, and no prayer study time, but that is OK, I can use my material in my sermon. In my what?? In your sermon tomorrow during the service father. Oh, that sermon. Right, fine, thanks. And when I arrive the next morning before morning prayer it has been decided that we should also commission all the office holders, which is a good idea, and give opportunity for us all to dedicate ourselves to the task ahead. All good, but where might we find such a thing. Luckily I was pretty sure the SSF Daily Office book would have such a thing, which it did. It was a grand way to finish our formal time together. We finished with a farewell breakfast and speeches and gift giving. My time ended with a visit to the Diocesan Office to meet the vicar general and the diocesan secretary. They received me well and we had a good conversation.
The time came to go to the airport and to wait. the plane arrived, I got my bag, retrieved the paper for Sam, and then followed my bag back onto the plane. It has been a very busy but very enjoyable 3 days. I wonder what lies ahead?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way