Table Mountain

Today I tried to go whale watching, but it was not happening. I am booked on for Saturday morning. i will need to be well organised.
So I went for plan B, trained into Capetown, and taxied up to the Cable Car on Table Mountain. 45 minutes later there I was in the midst of the "Table Cloth", cloud that covers the top. I happens a lot and creates this wonderful wet environment that early settlers used as their water supply. Apart from the lack of view, the wicked cold wind, the hail, and the path disappearing into mist, it was just breathtakingly beautiful. Luckily I had a mix up with my coffee so I was delayed leaving the cafe. When i came out the cloud had lifted to a degree and there were stunning views to Cape Point, along the buttresses on the Atlantic side of Table Mountain (the 12 Apostles) out over Lion Head and Signal Hill, and across Capetown and over the Cape Flats.
Tomorrow I am booked to go to Robben Island. the forecast is bad again, but today worked out way better than I thought, so here's hoping.
With some luck Saturday will be whale watching, and then fly home. My upgrade has been confirmed this time from Perth. Nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

They Were Not There at the Beginning

Youth Camp