Easter

I really enjoyed the whole Easter journey this year. Our vicar got sick on Maundy Thursday, and I ended up doing all the Easter services, which I really enjoyed, even if I lost my cruisy Easter break. It was nice to journey, first from Palm Sunday, and then through the holy week (including a service of prayer and confession on the Tuesday night) and a Seder service and meal (including foot washing) on the Thursday night. This was my first service, and I then went on to "take" a reflective service on Friday morning and a Tenebrae service on Friday night, using PowerPoint and based on the Stations of the Cross. Really powerful. Then the service of light on Saturday night, and the two celebrations on Sunday, for which I wrote the sermon/poem below.
This sermon was inspired by a sermon two young people in our Diocese preached at the closing service in the Cathedral for our Top Parish weekend. They prepared really carefully, and delivered it dramatically, constantly interacting both Mary and Martha’s experience and ours. They began after a short wait with “waiting, waiting for the sermon to begin, waiting for the sermon to end, waiting for exam result, waiting for Jesus.” I remember it three weeks later. That doesn’t happen often. Well done Josh and Hannah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

They Were Not There at the Beginning

Youth Camp