Band of Brothers

I have just finished watching Band of Brothers about Easy Company in the WWII. I really enjoyed the portrayal of those involved, the reality Spielberg brought to the story. No gun-ho heroes, just ordinary men who gave a lot for what they believed in. Flawed people who did things I struggled to agree with and yet I sit in the comfort of my living room watching this.Men who grew tired and angry that this war was even fought. I give thanks watching this that I have not had to experience what these men and so many others through the centuries have experienced. I am grateful that they did volunteer, and I grieve at what it cost them. I am grateful to those who made this series that allows me to honour all those who went to this war.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way