Here I am away again

The reason for the silence is that I am now on study leave, and have been struggling to get everything doen that needed to get doen before I left.

I am currently in England at the International Centre for Franciscan Studies in Canterbury.
My timetable for the next 9 weeks looks soemthing like this:


Week One
Wednesday August 24
Fly to London

Friday August 26 – September 4
Attend the Inter Provincial Third Order Chapter of the Society of Saint Francis. I am one of three New Zealanders attending.

Week Two
Tuesday Sept 6 to Friday Sept 9
Fly from London Heathrow to Rome, and then train to Assisi with the two other New Zealanders.

Saturday Sept 10
Train to Rome
Stay overnight

Week Three
Sunday Sept 11
Fly Easy Jet from Rome to Geneva; and then catch the TGV to Taizé in France

Sunday Sept 11-18
in Taize

Week Four
Sunday Sept 18
return to Geneva


Monday Sept 19 – Wed 21
In Geneva

Wed Sept 21
Fly Easy Jet flight To Belfast

Week Five
Thursday Sept 22 – Sunday Oct 2
In Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland hosted by David Brown, the Anglican Church of Ireland’s Youth Officer.

Week Six
Monday Oct 3 – Tuesday 4
London with Pete Ball, the Church of England Youth Officer


Wednesday Oct 5
My wife Bonnie arrives at Heathrow airport

Thursday Oct 6
London

Week Seven
Friday Oct 7 – Friday Oct 14
Travel around Scotland

Saturday Oct 15
Travel to Iona from Glasgow

Week Eight
Saturday Oct 15 – Friday Oct 21
Iona

Friday Oct 21
Travel from Iona to Glasgow

Week Nine
Saturday Oct 22 – Sunday or Monday Oct 23 or 4
Travel back down to London

Tuesday Oct 25
Fly home from London

Thursday Oct 27
Arrive in NZ

I will use this site to blog my reflections. All I can say so far is that I am sick, and quite tired.
More tomorrow

Comments

malleebull said…
John,

Hope you get better quickly.

I will be fascinated to hear of your time in Iona.

Keep us all posted!

Go well.

Matt
Paul Fromont said…
John,
Hope you get well soon. Pleased that you've passed the starting line safely and am still a little envious. Have a fantastic time.

http://prodigal.typepad.com

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

They Were Not There at the Beginning

Youth Camp