Gremio and 4 Eva, and thanks

I might have missed out on the three quarters naked woman dancing the samba, (which was probably no bad thing really) but I have seen some amazing samba floats on TV. And I have experienced the real Brazil. I have been to a soccer game. Gremio, champions of the world (once, long ago) playing Santa Cruz! What an amazing fun time. Singing, chanting, drumming, flags, fights, and outstanding good soccer. And the good ones don't even play here! Scary stuff.

Gremio for ever!! Gremio is the club Ronaldinho comes from in Brazil.
tomorrow I preach at the Cathedral on the theme of Life: a Radical Adventure. Somehow I get Francis onto there, surprise surprise! Tonight I met up with some of the local people struggling to form a Third Order area. I really enjoyed being this part of my family.

Our time is here is nearly over. It has been a great two weeks. I have experienced such hospitality, care and love. I have eaten amazingly yummy food lunch and dinner each day. I have enjoyed this whole eating at 10pm thing. I have loved the coffee (no milk, but heaps of sugar) and all the sweet and yummy things they serve. To go home will be hard from this point of view. But to return to my family will be the best.

Thank you Brazil!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way