leadership

Life has been way too busy, and will be for a while yet.
I had the Third Order Franciscan convocation two weeks ago now. My first chapter, and on show doing stuff all weekend.
a big theme was the need for us as Franciscans to grow up, and take our responsibility for living the Franciscan way here in this country more seriously, i.e. not leaving it up to the first order brothers.

Last weekend I attended the religious life advisory committee. Most of the time I wondered what the meeting was about and why I was there, although it was nice to meet other religious, and some others with an interest. Anyway, one of the discussions was around leadership models. I realized how I haven’t really thought about what kind of minister provincial I am called to be in the order, or what kind I want to be? In a way, I slipped into the guru up front role. Brother Kentigern SSF talked about how with four professed brothers it is silly to have a guardian, and that they could easily just work together. That really made me think. It is harder to do that with 250 members spread over 3 countries as the third order is, but how can I develop that team approach, even with the chaplains? To be honest, for all my rhetoric about leadership I am often a lone ranger. This will be good for me to "walk to talk".

Good food for thought
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way