Lifetyle change and weight loss

A year or so ago I put up a posting about needing to loose weight, and get fitter etc… Over the next few months I managed to loose about 4kg, mostly by exercise. But I stalled on about 101kg. I couldn’t shift it anymore, sadly. The funny thing was I would have said my diet was ok. I had mostly cut out cheese, margarine (except on toast, how can you not have marg on toast) and then it was logical - the stuff that blocks cholesterol absorption, not many chippies or biscuits, and much less chocolate. But still, even training for a 160km bike ride I stayed the same.
At the end of last year I signed up for a programme my gym is running, called the LEAN programme, standing for a Lifestyle, exercise and nutrition programme. Not a diet. A lifestyle change! My children have been fairly rude, but hey, that is what they are for. So basically it involves eating 5 times a day: breakfast, (with protein – it calls for a protein shake, but I have porridge with protein powder, yummy!); morning and afternoon tea of protein (almond nuts) and fruit, or crackers and humus; Lunch, meat (fish) with protein and carbs and salad. O so healthy!! So much better than toast and jam. And then dinner, meat with salad, not cards. And then dinner, meat with salad, no cards. It was hard at first not eating carbs at night, but I stuck with it. I still get hungry at night sometimes, but I eat so much less now. Well, I have lost 9 more kgs, and my wife has lost quite a few as well, with no exercise. I have done the exercise routines, not as much as I might, but done them. And I have still drunk beer. But still lost weight. This is not a diet; it is still a lifestyle change. I can keep the principles up when away (which is a lot). But I am feeling really good with it. And I can keep this up. I am eating a lot better. Much less sugar and fat. So, if you wanting a diet, do not look here. But if you want to change your lifestyle, take a look at this site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way