IAYN meeting in Mexico - Wednesday


Wednesday we worked on our journal Buenos Nuevas (Good News) this was supposed to come out last year, but we lacked an article from Africa. We didn’t think it was politic in today’s environment to publish it without that.  So we now have that, and it is all go. So we worked that up, and also decided on what our next one would be about (young people and the bible). We also started work on the when and where of the next Provincial Youth Officers Gathering. We are hoping for Hong Kong next August (I can’t go as I am on holiday with Bonnie).  If that falls through we have been invited to South Africa, in which case it would be in October. It is just a lot more expensive for most people to get to SA.

By lunch time I was beginning to feel better, which meant I could engage with the food a little more. Here they breakfast at 8.30 after morning prayer (which I didn’t quite make, either due to being asleep or working of various bits of work I agreed to do). This is a three course brekky, fruit, yoghurt, something cooked; then a big dinner at midday (well, 2ish) with three courses – soup, rice, meat with some greens, and then dessert. Supper is about 7, after evening prayer and is lighter, fruit or cold veggies, and then a meat and rice thing, followed by dessert. I am not starving. Chillies and salsa at all meal, even breakfast. I have not starved!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way