▶ Tearful Speech By Philippines Man After Super-Typhoon Haiyan - YouTube

I live in a country governed by people who deny climate change. They also deny that poverty exists in this land. They suggest that talking about climate change in relation to the calamity in the Philippines is playing politics, and they are saddened by it. I am sure that our government's representatives stood and applauded this speech. I am also sure that like many who stood and applauded, they will do nothing to help this conference come to any meaningful conclusion.

I feel so impotent in the face of what is happening to our planet. I feel outraged that people of faith would treat this world, which is not our world, but God's world, with such callousness. I feel despair that we seem hell bent on bequeathing our children and their children and planet that will be inhospitable to human life. And we seem stuck by short term greed. God help us all.

And yet, some how believing that the kingdom of God is among us, I am called to hope, and to act as if we can change this situation. Dear God give us strength and courage in this task.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way