Travel Log

This is just going to be a travel log.














Since I arrived nearly two weeks ago I have mainly be in Canterbury. Some highlights of my
time there have included both the tour of the
Cathedral, and then a candlelight pilgrimage around the Cathedral with reflections and prayers at various important places. Our final service was in the undercroft, and our new Minister General was commissioned. She is the Rev Dorothy Brooker from NZ, the first woman to hold this post.

It was also good getting a broader vision for what we as Franciscans can be and do.

I really enjoyed getting to know other Franciscans from around the world, and from the other orders.

I would also have to say going to Whitstable on the coast, for Fish and Chips on Friday night and a pint was pretty cool as well.

Yesterday I came up to Staines, near Heathrow. Today I went into London, and met up with Lydia, a young woman from Tauranga who is over here on her big OE. We voted, and did our bit to keep the evil blue horde at bay. We visited a friend who does my job for the C of E, who took us to the church commissioners for lunch. We also did Westminster Abbey.

Tomorrow I am off to Rome, and Assisi until Saturday. That will be great.
More later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way