Last week was a big week.

Last week was a big week. Here are some of the highlights:
  • visiting people is such fun. Those who have invited me are really enjoying having me around, and I am enjoying getting to know them, and sometimes their spouses who do not come to church. And we have had some really good and deep conversations. 
  • vestry meeting. I am enjoying getting to know them, and this meeting seemed to go well. The big issue, do we get a new photocopier? the answer after much discussion, yes. Sweet!
  • Te Iriringa ō Mango-Ururoa. A baptism, for a Maori speaking family. It was fun getting the resources together, and fun leading the elements in Maori. Stressful, but a lot of fun. But I was super relieved when we had finished all the baptism pieces in Maori. It used words and sentence structures I really had to work on.
  • preaching about the Trinity. I used my sermon from last year, but reworked it, and I think this year got it about right. Still too long, but I had people standing in the entrance way after the service discussing it. 
This week has started with a bang: mid week service,  service at a retirement home, meeting for a childcare, and then visiting another hospital to say final prayers. Then drinks for the local clergy and pub quiz. It is all on today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way