The Word


Jesus says “Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; and the word that you hear is not mine, but is from the Father who sent me.” (John 14: 23 and 24) Sadly these are words that have and continue to divide and separate those who seek to love. What is Jesus’ word for you? How do you hear it and what does it say? How do we keep it?
For me this is a word of loving unity, both within the followers of Christ, all humanity, and all creation. It is a word of respect, generosity, compassion, hospitality, grace, hope, justice and life. To hear that word is to allow it to take root within me so that I become a dwelling place of God and God’s infinite love. The invitation is to live that out in all my relationships. No easy feat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way