Hereford with Jacky

On the Monday I headed off to Great Malvern Station from London. Actually I had only bought a ticket to Malvern Link. I really don't know how that happened. So my friend Jacky was waiting for me at Malvern Link. Thank goodness for cellphones and roaming. Jacky has lived and taught in Hereford for the last 8 years, and is in the process of moving back to Aotearoa. I was her last visitor. I have tried before but it never worked. But this time it did. Wonderful.

So over the next 24 hours she showed me some wonderful sites, some of her treasures. A thousand year old font carved by the Hereford carving school, sitting in a little Norman Church (visibly built on an Anglo Saxon Church) out in the country. Just marvelous. 

We visited beautiful little towns and drove through wonderful scenery. We ended up in Hereford, where Jacky has been living. We walked the river and took in lovely views of the cathedral. 

I had a zoom call about the next morning, and then we headed off to see her local church, complete with amazing cafe, and then a quick tour around the cathedral. there are more photos about this on the Facebook page.

Thanks Jacky for such a wonderful 24 hours.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Lenten Following

Living God's Graciousness and Generosity