London with Rebekah

On August 10 I flew out of Tauranga, to London, via Auckland and New York. My three month pilgrimage (sabbatical) had begun. Begun in style with an upgrade to premiere economy on the leg to New York.

Once in London I found my way to where I was staying, showered, snoozed, and then set off to meet Rebekah. Rebekah is our youngest daughter and moved to London in May to experience life away from Aotearoa. Life has not been as great as she hoped. Jobs are hard to get. Accommodation is also hard to get. So it was great to see here again. We met at a pub that sells Timothy Taylors Landlord. A great beer. And then we set off for several days of fun, including fancy dinners, the London Eye, A Strange Loop, visiting my aunt, and pizza watching a move. We found old Roman walls, the COVID memorial wall, Buckingham Palace, New Zealand War Memorial, and so much more. Saturday remains my biggest day so far with nearly 16km walked, according to Samsung. Some days have come close. It was so nice to see where she had been living and to just spend time with her. Thanks Rebekah.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Lenten Following

Living God's Graciousness and Generosity