A New Beginning

At the farewell dinner

So, today we said goodbye to my big girl who has gone to Connecticut for a year (although she will be back for a week in November for a wedding). She really drives me nuts, and yet I really enjoy having her around. So we are down to one person at home, which is a little scarey. I feel like I am getting old. Blah!!

I have decided that I need to use this to do two things. One is to record what i am up to so that I have a record somewhere for reports and such. The other is to have a place I can reflect on life as a vicar. What it is like for me, and how I am making sense of it all. I hope to also put up poetry when I write any.


So, here is a posting.

One of the things that i have come face to face with over the last two months is my mortality. Visiting people who have just turned 70, and thinking that that is only 16 years away. Well, that seemed close until I wrote it. Actually, that is still quite a way away. But not the far distant future it once was.

It has also been quite sobering visiting these great old couples struggling with each others ill health, doggedly taking each day as it comes. These people who only a couple of years ago were key people in the parish, now not even able to come to church. is this what awaits Bonnie and I? if so, lets make the most of now I say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way