When to stay and when to go

I did some visiting today. I visited an older couple resisting moving out of their home. Both are unwell, the wife is really unwell. The daughter would like them to move into a retirement home where they can be cared for. But they are resisting. They like living in their own home. They are committed to looking after each other in their own home. All laudable. And yet their health suffers because they do not visit the doctor as soon as they might when things start getting worse. And it all puts added stress on their daughter who is trying her best to care for them and her family. It makes me wonder.

Part of me applauds their courage and determination. And part of me wonders if I will know when it is the time to move out of my home and receive the care we need (if we live that long): for our sake, and for our families sake. God grand me the wisdom and the humility to let go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way