The Sun and Moon Over Assisi A Personal Encounter with Francis and Clare by Gerard Thomas Straub

I have been reading this book on and off for the last year or so. I really enjoyed this mix of stories from both Francis and Clare, and his personal reflection on these, and being in Assisi and other places. I learnt alot, but also reflected alot on what it means to seek to walk in the footsteps of Francis, who walked in the footsteps of Christ.
I also really appreciated that Clare is named as important in the story, and is presented as more than an "also ran". I also enjoyed learning about Giotto, and just how revolutionary both his style and how he presented Francis was. A grand read.

See here for more details

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Show us your credentials part three." Some thoughts for the readings for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time with some interesting stories.

“Show us your credentials part two." Some thoughts for the readings for the 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time and the Season of Creation

Anglican Worship, a relic of the past?