a frantic friday

Yesterday I visited the parishioners at Hodgson House, and Anglican Care facility for the elderly. I also visited a great story telling couple in the village, which was a lot of fun. 
Today has been spent dealing with pre-school music, and then trying to get organised for this Sunday, and to get pretty organised for Pentecost Sunday, which I am not feeling at all good about. The issue is that I am on retreat next week from Tuesday to Thursday, so the pressure is on the get it all sussed this week. Epic fail on my behalf.

One of the things I have noticed about this job, apart from it being full time, is that sometimes I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing. Some friends of mine suggested the three headings for a vicar are preside (at the services, i.e. make sure they are well organised and run) manage (all that people management stuff) and pastor. I suspect that mission needs to fit in here somewhere. But they are good starters. What I need now is to fill that out a bit with some goals. So a goal is to set some goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Show us your credentials part three." Some thoughts for the readings for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time with some interesting stories.

“Show us your credentials part two." Some thoughts for the readings for the 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time and the Season of Creation

Anglican Worship, a relic of the past?