Pentecost Sunday

Pentecost Sunday was great. We focused on two things;  the miracle of hearing the gospel in your own language, and that we can all hear and see something and interpret it differently. At the main service we had readings in french and Maori, and prayers in Afrikaans and Nicaragua. In my sermon I explored just what a miracle it would have been for those people to hear the gospel in their own language, espeically given the difficulty being in a place where you do not hear that language. I also explored how hearing those stories in different languages, and so in different contexts means you will find different meanings. People seemed to enjoy what we did, and coped again with the amount of Te Reo we used. there will be more this Sunday with a baptism for a family that speak only Te Reo at home.

Last night I went to an ecumenical Pentecost service, which was not my cup of tea, but i survived. the singing was not too long, and some of the songs were good. I wasn't really sure what the point of the 35 minute talk was, but I wasn't offended by it. I only went because I was asked to organise prayers for the city that were image based (in PowerPoint) with a backing song. I am not sure many people got that, but I did what I was asked to do.

Today I took the morning off, watching the programmes I missed last week. It was beautiful. I so miss my mornings. This afternoon I wrote my report for vestry. It is always good to see what has been done over the last month, and a little frightening to see what needs to be done over the next month or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way