Going, going, gone

Today I went a Geriatric Hospital to help take a communion service. It was pretty depressing really, everything I did not enjoy about taking these services 25 years ago. There were about 40 people there in varying degrees of being awake and having any idea what was happening. Part of me wonders why we are doing this, where is mission in this? And yet something is happening and people appreciated what we did. It is an important. And part of me fears that one day I will there among, going, going gone.

Today I also did some work on some draft job descriptions for the various roles in our services, something that came out of a meeting about a month ago. There is so much to get my head around, plus meeting the weekly demands of services, plus getting out and visiting people. Gadzooks!

Now I need to work out what I need to get done this week, and then attend a mangament committee meeting for our OpShop. Maybe I will get to the gym after that and do some reading for the sermon?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

They Were Not There at the Beginning

Youth Camp