John is going away

Over the next six weeks I have the privilege of travelling to the Solomon Islands, Australia and South Africa to fulfill some of my duties as Minister Provincial, Third Order, Society of Saint Francis, Province of the Pacific. I have decided to record some of what happens, and my thoughts and reflections. Here they are,

Travelling to the Solomons
The journey out of NZ was pretty uneventful, except I discovered that my MPass app has a little feature that alerts you if your flight is delayed, which mine out of Tauranga was due to fog,. I discovered this once I was at the airport and finding out that it was an hour delayed due to fog in Auckland earlier that day. Never mind. Some good people from St. Georges had offered to drive me there, and had coffee with me while we waited which was really nice.
The flight to Australia was all good until we arrived, and the air bridge at our gate broke down. Eventually mechanics got it to move, and we were allowed off. Then you have to go back through security because everyone departing Australia has to go through security. This is not quick and efficient like in Auckland. It is painfully slow. so slow I would have missed my connecting flight if not for the fact the flight was delayed an hour because the gate at which the plane was parked was broken and the plane had to be towed to a new gate. So probably the same plane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way