The Solomons - arrival.

I was greeted by John Ama and a small group at the airport and taken to my place of residence for the first night. I has been told the time was an hour later than Brisbane, but when I asked some of those who picked my up what the time was they told me the time it was in Brisbane. This nearly had terrible results.Later John arrived at Agnes House to take me to dinner. He was surprised to see me sitting drinking tea and reading Chris Barfoot's early history of TSSF in New Zealand. I was surprised he was so early.
During dinner Jimmy told me that I needed to move out of the room. I had unpacked and was thinking I would only take a small bag and leave most of what I had taken behind. So we had to wake up Betsy to talk about where I might leave that bag. All sorted. I got back to the room and decided to repack and organise myself.
So next morning my alarm goes of at what I think is 6.15, an hour before John is coming to meet me to take me to the ferry to Malaita. Surprisingly John turned up about 5 minutes later telling me we are running late and we need to go. Turns out the Solomons are 1 hour behind NZ and 1 ahead of Brisbane. We caught the ferry OK, but not with a lot of time to spare.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Sent

Youth Camp

The Way